Today is #NationalBestFriendsDay, and if there’s one thing I know it’s that I would not be the same person I am today without my best friend Angie, the jury’s still out on whether that is a good or bad thing. HA! Regardless, I’m sure we all understand how important a best friend is in one’s life and I think Huffington Post summed it up pretty well in why a bestie is irreplaceable.
1. No matter how much trouble you’re in, she’ll always help you get out of it. (Or at least get away with it.)
2. You’re able to bond over things you’d never say out loud to anyone else.
3. Any ridiculous situation you get yourself into, she’ll be right by your side.
4. A best friend will hate anyone and everyone for you.
5. Even if you’ve hooked up with all of each other’s mutual friends, you don’t judge each other. You pour yourselves a few more drinks.
6. She’s always down to get a little weird.
7. She has pictures of how you dressed in the ’90s, but wouldn’t show a soul.
8. She was there during your awkward phases.
9. She’ll say yes to your crazy plans, even if it means taking a risk herself.
10. You can’t even count the years you’ve been friends, and you hope you never have to.
11. She’s been there through some of your darkest times.
12. She loves you for the weirdo that you are.
13. She knows the truth is hard to hear, so she’ll deliver it with a compliment. Or three.