La Crosse Area Veteran Mentor Program
Written by admin on August 2, 2019
Never leave a veteran behind – that’s the motto for this month’s wonderful organization for KQ98 Cares with Morrie’s of La Crosse.
The La Crosse Area Veteran Mentor Program is a nonprofit organization offering peer to peer mentoring for veterans. They provide in-dept training sessions for their mentors so they can help guide their peers to support services.
LAVMP offers many programs to help veterans reintegrate into civilian life.
- PAVE – stands for Peer Advisory for Veteran Education. A new veteran to veteran mentoring program starting this fall at WTC.
- Community Care – a partnership with United Way that allows LAVMP to provide a Community Care Coordinator whom helps connect veterans to resources
- REBOOT: Combat Recovery – a 12-week course that starts on September 19th that addresses the spiritual wounds of war and combat trauma
- Veterans Treatment Court – LAVMP provides critical support for the La Crosse Area Veterans Court, a diversion court specifically for Veterans
- Advocacy – LAVMP is passionate about advocating for veterans and have been working hard to help present a House Resolution in the support of Veteran to Veteran Services.
If you want to show your support and get involved you should attend the next quarterly training on August 13th, from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM at the Waterfront Restaurant in La Crosse. This event will showcase the La Crosse Vet Center as they give a presentation of the services they can offer to the veterans LAVMP serves.