ARE THESE THE NEW DATING TRENDS OF THE NEAR FUTURE?
Written by Tony Schultz on October 5, 2022
Every once in a while the discussion of dating comes up with my friends. Such as if we had to start dating now or if we younger and were entering the dating pool. It’s MUCH different than it used to be. Cruising Riverside and hitting up the Silver Bullet for a teen dance aren’t things that kids do much anymore. They hardly consider going to dances it seems to actually interact. Is it hard to dance with a cell phone in your hand the whole time? Th dating site Plenty of Fish put out a survey to 8,000 singles and compiled a list of dating trends (that I think they mostly just made up) that are a possibility in the near future. Whether they are true or just a funny coincidence they seem possible at the least.
1. Main Character Energy: Focusing on yourself instead of wasting time on people who don’t meet your standards or needs.
2. Eco-Dumping: Dating (or NOT dating) someone based on how environmentally conscious they are (or are NOT). One in five singles say they know someone who’s dumped someone because their views on climate change and the environment didn’t align.
3. Heat Doming: Dating someone specifically for their household amenities . . . basically just to mooch off their air conditioning, pool, WiFi, or comfortable bed.
4. Infla-Dating: Going on less expensive dates because of inflation and the current economic environment.
5. James-Webbing: This is silly. It’s deciding to date someone after “seeing them through a different lens.” You know, like how NASA’s new space telescope is giving us a closer, better look at things.
6. OnlyPlans: Repeatedly planning dates with someone, but never actually following through on them . . . due to an array of (mostly contrived) excuses.